The E-ARK Submission Information Package (E-ARK SIP) specification describes the pan-European standard for packaging data and metadata for submission. The specification is built on and reuses fully the Common Specification for Information Packages but extends it with aspects relevant to submissions. More explicitly the E-ARK SIP specification defines straightforward possibilities for extending the initial set of data and metadata with information which is created for the submission, like for example metadata about the agents who have been involved in the creation of the packages.
The target group for this document are records creators, archival institutions and software providers creating or updating their SIP format specifications.
- Common Specification for Information Packages (CS IP)
- Reference model for an Open Archival Information System (OAIS) (OAIS Reference model)
- Metadata Encoding and Transmission Standard (METS)
- Preservation Metadata Implementation Strategies (PREMIS)
- General Data Protection Regulation 2016/679/EU (GDPR)
- One or more Content Information Type specification
- Data Entity Dictionary Specification Language (DEDSL) ‒ XML/DTD: ISO 22643:2003 (CCSDS 647.3-B-1:2002)
- Information technology ‒ Document Schema Definition Languages (DSDL) ‒ Part 3: Rule-based validation – Schematron: ISO/IEC 19757-3:2016 (ISO standard)