Content Information Type Specification for Electronic Records Management Systems
The CITS ERMS has in its latest version (2.1.0) been extended with the textual document as well as undergone some minor changes in the XML schema. The CITS ERMS are supplied with a supplementary document for understanding the XML schema as well as the schema-generated documentation.
Guideline (Primer) for CITS ERMS
This guideline (primer) describes the ERMS specification. Some notes regarding implementation are also present, but, in most cases, these will not be enough to explain how it is conducted in each system because of the complexity of all the systems. The guideline will be an evolving document and thoroughly explained examples will be added continuously.
This is the XML schema in version 2.1.2 supporting the requirements in the specification.
This is the Schematron document which extends some of the validation rules within the ERMS.xsd.
This is the documentation of the XML schema.
- Information and documentation ‒ Records management ‒ Part 1: Concepts and principles: ISO 15489-1:2016
- Records management processes ‒ Metadata for records ‒ Part 1: Principles, ISO 23081-1:2006
- Records management processes ‒ Metadata for records ‒ Part 2: Conceptual and implementation issues: ISO/TS 23081-2:2007
- Information and documentation ‒ Principles and functional requirements for records in electronic office environments ‒ Part 1: Overview and statement of principles ISO 16175-1:2010 (ICA)
- Information and documentation ‒ Principles and functional requirements for records in electronic office environments ‒ Part 2: Guidelines and functional requirements for digital records management systems: ISO 16175-2:2011 (ICA)
- Information and documentation ‒ Principles and functional requirements for records in electronic office environments ‒ Part 3: Guidelines and functional requirements for records in business systems: ISO 16175-3:2010 (ICA)
- General Data Protection Regulation 2016/679/EU (GDPR)
- Data Entity Dictionary Specification Language (DEDSL) ‒ XML/DTD: ISO 22643:2003 (CCSDS 647.3-B-1:2002)
- Information technology ‒ Document Schema Definition Languages (DSDL) ‒ Part 3: Rule-based validation – Schematron: ISO/IEC 19757-3:2016 (ISO standard)
- Common Specification for Information Packages (CS IP)
- E-ARK Submission Information Package (E-ARK SIP)